Sunday, January 1, 2012

Some things never change.

I just finished reading a blog by a very talented, equally irritated mom. It made me remember that I have a blog that I have neglected to write in for a little bit (though I think of things I mean to say several times a day). I logged back into my blog to discover it has been a complete year since I last made an effort.

Armed with that knowledge, I reviewed where this blog started back in 2008 and I have made several observations.

1. My life is not substantially different from three years ago.
2. I'm still fatter than I intend to be.
3. Time doesn't automatically fix things.

And...here are a couple of updates:

1. I have acquired a son-in-law. Awesome guy.
2. I have a granddaughter - the apple of my eye.
3. I have my little true love, Cowboy. A dog that accidentally stole my heart.

And...some things never change...

1. I still don't like people.
2. I'm irritated most of the time. Now, in fact.

Thirty seconds ago, my husband passed behind me and looked at my computer screen... stopped dead in his tracks.

"Things my husband doesn't want to hear" ? !

and then gives me a disapproving look.

"yes, honey, I have a blog. Since 2008."

And I shit you not, he stomps off and says

WHAT THE FUCK EVER.

See. I told you he didnt want to hear it.

No comments: